5 Crucial Elements for Email Newsletters
June 16 2017
Over 225 billion emails are predicted to be sent in 2017. If you want your email newsletter to stand out from the rest, it's important to keep up with the latest marketing trends and best practices. Here are five elements every campaign should include for content marketing success.
1. Mobile friendliness -- In the first quarter of 2016, 66 percent of all emails in the U.S. were viewed on a mobile device. To ensure optimal viewing for the bulk of your subscribers, use responsive templates that adapt to the device.
2. Short subject lines -- Keeping mobile users in mind, subject lines should get your point across in as few characters as possible, 30 to 50 characters max.
3. Readability -- The content you send should be easy to scan and skim. Headings, bullets and white space can be used to offset text. Make sure readers can get the gist of your message from the headings alone, and make it clear what action you want them to take. The content should build to a well-placed call to action (CTA).
4. Shareability -- Always include forwarding and social sharing buttons so subscribers can easily recommend your content to their network. You may even consider the occasional social-sharing CTA.
5. Personalization -- Want more unique opens and higher click-through rates? Personalize your emails. List segmentation provides a starting point, but dynamic content takes it to another level, customizing each recipient's content based on specific user data.
And here's a bonus tip: Use A/B testing to fine-tune your email strategy.